The town of Krum is 4 miles northwest of the city of Denton. It first appeared on the map of DentonCounty in 1886, when the Santa Fe and Gulf Colorado Railroad created the town site. Many of the original buildings in Krum remain in use. The bank and the hardware store are in their original locations. Krum offers convenient access to abundant water recreation opportunities on LakeLewisville and Lake Ray Roberts.